Today’s episode is the fifth in this series we’ve been exploring on the ProBlogger Podcast about finding readers.
To get you up to speed, you can find the first four here:
- Two Questions to Ask to Help You Find Readers for Your Blog
- Two Types of Content to Help You Find Readers for Your Blog
- Turn Blog Surfers into Loyal Readers by Building a Sticky Blog
- Find Readers for Your Blog Through Commenting and Relationships
So once you’ve started creating great content, and you’ve found your readers where they’re already hanging out, you can take the next step: creating content or guest posting for other, larger sites to help build your profile and drive traffic.
One of the best ways that you can showcase the kind of value that you’re able to deliver to people on your blog is to create that kind of content for other destinations on the web. But of course, the first thing you need to discern is what we discuss in episode 33: who are you trying to reach? And where are they? That will help you determine who to guest post for, or where to have your content published.
In this episode I will help you find where your ideal readers are, and also what kinds of content you could create to best show your skill and style in places other than your blog. In future episodes, we’ll drill down into each of the strategies I suggest, but for today it’s great to get an overview of how and where you can expand your reach.
Your goal should be to create your best content for these channels you choose in order to demonstrate credibility and authority and that you provide high value in all places, including your own blog.
- How to add value
- Building a portfolio of this valuable content elsewhere
- Pitching ideas
- What makes it more likely that you’ll be accepted
- How to promote that content to your own networks
- Multiple pitches
- Short term burst strategy, featuring on more than one place at once
- How to drive traffic without being spammy
So head over to ProBlogger.com for episode 37: Grow Traffic to Your Blog Through Guest Posting and Creating Content for Other Blogs, Forums, Media and Events, show notes, and to leave a comment, or a review.
- Looking to Guest Post on Authority Sites? Here’s How to Find the Best Blogs
- Why You Have a Better Chance of Landing a Guest Post Than You Think (and How to Do It)
- 3 Growth Hacking Strategies for Bloggers to Quadruple Their Blog Traffic without SEO
- 3 Ways Guest Posting Can Help You Grow Your Online Audience: Jeff Goins
- How to Pitch a Guest Post to Editors at 104 Major Publications: The Write Life
- Why You Suck at Guest Blogging: Boost Blog Traffic
Originally at: Blog Tips at ProBlogger
Grow Traffic to Your Blog Through Guest Posting and Creating Content for Other Blogs, Forums, Media and Events
The post Grow Traffic to Your Blog Through Guest Posting and Creating Content for Other Blogs, Forums, Media and Events appeared first on @ProBlogger.